Monday, May 5, 2014

30 Weeks with Baby #2!

LOVE being preggo with my bestie!!
Me at 30 weeks, Alikat at 25 weeks.
Little boy babies all around!!
How far along?  30 weeks!! I went into labor with Graham at 39 weeks, 2 days, so I am hoping this one follows suit... which would put us in the single digits in counting down the weeks!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

Total weight gain? Gained 19 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? Practically all maternity all the time, plus normal yoga capris and long shirts. These yoga capris are AMAZING.

Sleep? Sleep hates me.

Best moment this week? Passing the glucose test at my 28 week appointment and finding out that my iron levels were super low. I'd been pounding so much Easter candy, I was super nervous I'd fail the diabetes test, but I made it. And when they called to tell me all the results from my blood work, the nurse asked, "Um, have you been really, really tired lately??" I wanted to scream, "YES!!!!" but tried to remain calm as she explained my iron count was super low, so I should start taking supplements and should see an increase in my energy. It was so validating to have a medical reason to why I couldn't make it through the day without a nap. I've been taking supplements for over a week now and I can tell a HUGE difference in my energy levels. Whew. So thankful. And of course it's always such a relief at these appointments to hear that Baby #2 is looking good and healthy! I am going every 2 weeks now to get checked out! I also got showered with love at a baby shower my sweet friend Allison threw for me!! I was so thankful to get to celebrate Baby #2 with everyone and got some super cute stuff I can't wait to use!!!


Miss anything? Being able to hug Andrew really close. Fitting into clothes well. Sleep.

Movement? This kid might be a wild one. Moves like crazy all the time.

Food cravings? Strawberries. Kiwi. Pineapple. Easter candy, especially jellybeans. So random. Ice cream.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Have you started to show yet? If my huge belly doesn't give it away, my belly button poking through my shirt definitely does!

Labor signs? I started having Braxton Hicks at 28 weeks. Nothing painful, but it seems like I have them a lot!! Especially when I go up and down stairs a lot or on long walks. My belly just gets really tight for a minute.

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks. Some acid reflux at night. :( Had to take Tums at like 2am last night. 

Belly button in or out? It's practically all the way out. Ugh.

Wedding ring on or off? On. 

Happy or moody most of the time? Moody.

Name possibilities? We finally decided! Owen John Buckle. Owen means "young fighter" and, similar to Graham's meaning of war-like, we want little Owen to fight for things that matter- truth, justice, love, etc. We want to be training up little warriors for God's kingdom. John is after Andrew's grandfather and also influential people in our lives like John Piper and John Calvin. We are both so happy with this name, and I LOVE that this little boy finally has a name and identity! It just makes me feel so much more connected to him to call him by name. Ohhhhh I cannot wait to snuggle this little guy and see what he looks like and what he acts like and kiss his little face off!!!



Looking forward to? Picking out a crib- hopefully this week! Meeting little Owen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment