Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Grahaminator at 6 months


Kinda misleading...
He can only sit up by himself for about 1.5 seconds
before toppling over. :)



Weight: 15 lbs, 3 oz!!!!!!!!! Finally back on the charts. Whew.

Height: 26 inches.

Clothing size: All 6 months now!!! Who-hoo!!!


Diaper size: Still rockin' the cloth diapers.

Feeding: Welp, after many, many tears by baby and Mommy, I decided it was better for us all to switch Graham over to formula. Well, really Graham decided when he started refusing to eat from me. Rrrrrrrr. Little booger. I'd planned on nursing for a full year, but it obviously was just not working for us, no matter what I tried. And I tried it ALL. No, really. Everything. Believe me. My body simply does not produce the amount he needs (30 oz/ day). So we've been mixing my milk and formula for the last month to get Graham and my body used to it. And he has taken off on his weight gain ever since we switched to bottles only! It is such a relief to me to know exactly how much he's getting. And now, moving on from the Mommy guilt and looking forward to enjoying life and my little Grahammers again!! It was heart-breaking for me to make this decision, but now that it is made, I seriously want to burn my pump and throw a party for being done with this whole nightmare. People have asked me what I'll do with the next baby (if God graciously gives us another, and NO I'm NOT pregnant!!) on this issue, and I do plan to nurse again. So I guess I can't burn the pump. BUT I will insist on more frequent checkups at the doctor, to make sure there's no problem with the weight gain. Graham was fine at his 2 month checkup, and then had barely gained any, falling WAY off the charts at his next doctor's visit, at 4 months. Anyway, I refuse to jump on baby soapboxes, except for this one- do what is best for your baby and family and forget the stinkin Mommy guilt!!!!! Jesus set us free from it all. Also, we'll begin his first solid foods tonight on his half birthday! Sweet potatoes are on the menu. :)

Sleeping: After a month of insanity, he began sleeping through the night again. Whew. He naps  about 4-5 hours a day.


He loves to sleep with his hand on his face.
We knows it's naptime when he starts Tebow-ing. :)
Milestones: Balding. Ha. His hair is falling out like crazy!! And he's finally rolling over all the way from back to stomach. Playing with his feet...is that a milestone?? Making it 2 weeks in a row without crying in the church nursery. :)
First time rolling over from back to stomach.
He did it a ton of times in the crib before we actually saw him do it.

Likes: Did I mention he loves snuggling? Swinging on the front porch, watching the cars go by and chatting with the neighbors. Stroller rides, especially with the Kings. We are outside as much as possible now. Seeing himself in the mirror. Hilarious.

Mommy-G snuggle time.

His reaction to himself in the mirror.

Dislikes: Sitting. Not being held. Missing naps.

Adventures: Outside!! Walks and porch swings almost every day. Spending time with Aunt Mel and Cousin Kaleigh. Trying the Johnny Jump Up. First Gender Reveal Party!! Making homemade baby food to start solids soon... Daddy finishing grad school!!! Who-hoo!!!





The Buckles called it! So excited for the Tatlocks' boy and Sluders' girl!!!!

What we couldn't live with out: Formula. Seriously. 

My favorite part of parenting this age: Just seeing his little personality develop more and more. And those smiles, ohhhhhhhh. Melt.my.heart.


The hardest part of parenting this age: Letting go of "mommy guilt."
Love this babyface!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment