Monday, April 21, 2014

28 weeks with Baby #2

28 Weeks. Baby is growing!!!
Graham wanted to be in this week's pic. :)






We attempted self-timer maternity pic's with a toddler... Yikes.
This is how I felt most of the photo shoot. Seriously. 

The only halfway decent one with all three of us in it. :/
How far along?  28 weeks. Third trimester!!! 
Total weight gain? Gained 16 pounds so far. I feel HUGE and I can't believe my belly is just going to keep stretching out for the next 12 weeks. I told my doctor at last month's appointment that I feel huge and exhausted. She said, "Welcome to 2nd pregnancy!" Awesome. She did reassure me that my weight gain and measurements and everything look great, and to help with the exhaustion, she encouraged me to let Graham walk as much as possible so I don't have to lug him around too. Little does she know how much that boy loooooooves to be carried by his mama. :/
Begging to be picked up as I attempt to brush my teeth. :)

Maternity clothes? Maternity on the bottom all the time, plus yoga pants. I've started wearing some maternity on top too. My belly is just getting too big for normal shirts.
Sleep? Starting to get really uncomfortable sleeping. Waking up a lot, tossing and turning. My belly is too big to lay on now :( so I just go back and forth from side to side. Ugh. And I'm so exhausted anyway I've been taking a nap most days when Graham naps. My friend recommended a body pillow, which I need to look into.
Best moment this week? I think Graham has started to notice my big belly. He's been patting it lately when I hold him. I always say, "baby" when he does, which he hasn't tried to repeat yet... But it's really super sweet. Now when I say "baby" anytime, he pats my belly. I know he has no idea what's going on, but it's sweet that he's making some kind of connection. We talk about "little brother" all the time and I am still loving thinking about their friendship to come. We also took a family mini-hike on a warm day, which was soooooooooo nice. G LOVES riding on Daddy's back.



Miss anything? I really want a strawberry margarita. Really bad. And a turkey sandwich. I've been drooling over Andrew's sandwiches lately. And I still miss all of my normal clothes fitting, bending over easily, and having energy. And just being comfortable in my own body... And sleep!!!!
Movement? He is a mover and a shaker! This is one of my favorite parts of pregnancy. I feel so connected to him when he's flipping and kicking around. Love it.
Food cravings? Cereal. Sweets. Fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Have you started to show yet? Seriously? I need to take this question off! Today at the grocery store and music class, several people said they thought my belly had grown a lot since last Monday! Ha.
Labor signs? Nope.
Symptoms: Exhaustion. Pressure from baby on my lower belly, especially when I exercise or go up and down our stairs a lot. I didn't feel this until later on with Graham, but I've felt it a lot lately.
Belly button in or out? It's still doing that weird thing where the skin on top of it sticks out, so it totally looks like the whole thing is out through my tight shirts. I hate it when the whole thing actually does pop out though...
Wedding ring on or off? On. 
Happy or moody most of the time? I've just been a lot moodier this time around. The winter and exhaustion don't help.
Name possibilities? Making some progress!! Whew. I thought this day would never come. Andrew now has a top 3 instead of a top 1! Ha. Still in the discussions.
Looking forward to? Still the same- decorating the nursery, picking a name, meeting little sweet pea!!

This precious little thing. I want to kiss his face off.

No comments:

Post a Comment