Wednesday, January 13, 2016

28 weeks with Baby#3


How far along?  28 weeks. Hello third trimester!! What?!!! Crazy how fast this pregnancy is going! Not surprising since chasing the boys all day every day keeps me more than occupied.

Total weight gain? 20ish pounds. 

Maternity clothes? I've been living in my maternity leggings and mostly comfy maternity shirts. My fav is a fitted gray Gap maternity sweatshirt that makes an appearance several times a week. ;) I also got a few Target long fitted non-maternity shirts that have helped with the in-between months where maternity shirts just make me feel frumpy. (Pictured above in red.) Not feeling so cute these days, like I'll just keep getting bigger and bigger the rest of my life. I told andrew maybe I need to start doing my makeup or get some highlights or something. ;)

It's crazy how few pic's I have of this bump. I need to do better documenting.
Here's a pic of us on the carousel, with baby3 showing off!

Sleep? I just don't sleep well pregnant. With past pregnancies, it was restless legs or heartburn or backache ... Haven't had any of that yet this time around; lately it's getting up to pee a million times. Seriously last night I think it was 6 times! Ughhhhhhh. This girl needs some serious rest. I think the holidays and traveling was really stressful too, so I felt sleep-deprived and exhausted for like a month. Feeling much better now that we're back at home and in our normal routine.

Best moment this week (month)?
have my checkup tomorrow, so hopefully I'll hear good news on the baby's growth and my diabetes test. Eek. Also, Andrew has been working on the boys' bunk beds and a growth chart for the kiddos. I can't wait til both are done. We have a 3 bedroom house, so the boys will move in together about a month before my due date, and the baby will have its own room. 

Miss anything? Fitting into clothes. Feeling normal in my own body.

Movement? Yes! Sweet thing is moving a lot now, especially noticeable when I lay down at night and when I eat anything sweet. I've been feeling hiccups lately too!!! Which is always encouraging to be able to tell that baby is head down- at least for now.

Food cravings? Nothing really stands out this time around. BORING. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? Not anymore. Whew.

Have you started to show yet? Absolutely. I feel like I'm carrying this one like my other two- low down in my belly. Another boy?!!! Also, strangers started making comments around week 24, so that's when you really know you're showing! My belly button gives it away. :/

Picking out bunk bed mattresses for when they share a room!


Labor signs? I've started having Braxton-Hicks consistently... Mostly after going up and down our stairs, but other times too.

Symptoms: Bellllllllly. I think tomorrow my doctor will check my iron levels too, which is when I was put on iron supplements for both my other pregnancies. I remember getting the phone call with Owen's, and the nurse asking me, "Ummm, have you been really, really tired lately?? Because your iron is extremely low!!" I've been eating more spinach smoothies this time, so I'm hoping that will help. I haven't felt that complete exhaustion that I did with Owen at this time, so I'm thinking they're at least not as bad this time.

Belly button in or out? It's popping out. It'll never be the same again. Haha

Wedding ring on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time? I think I've been more moody with this one than the others. Maybe it's the hormones? Or the fact that Andrew's super busy with his PHD thing, which makes me even more busy with the boys??

Name possibilities? To be honest, we haven't even talked that much about names. There's just so.much.going.on.right.now. I have a short list of names I like, but Andrew has not been a big fan yet. My top girl and boy name are both leftovers from past pregnancies, but I LOVE them, so I really hope I get to use them. ;)

Looking forward to? Same- Deciding names. Andrew building bunk beds for the boys to share a room soon. Seeing if it's a boy or girl!!!!!!! (A long time to go for that one!)

Pregnancies 1, 2, and 3 all at 28 weeks.
Am I carrying a boy or girl this time??
Looks like another Owen to me-- low and big!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment