Sunday, March 27, 2016

Baby3, we are so ready for you!!!


This is at 37 weeks, full-term!!!!!!

Counting down the days, my friends. Counting down the days. I have friends who want their babies to just keep on baking, even past the due date, because they know the hard realities of having a newborn, nursing beyond sleep deprivation, and juggling other children too. But I just get SO miserable the last few weeks of pregnancy, all of that just sounds way better than how uncomfortable I am right now. I'm already not sleeping, so I might as well be holding a sweet baby in my arms while I'm wide awake, right?? Come on out Baby3; this Mama is sooooo ready for you!!!


Buckle boys ready for their bike ride.
In the spirit of counting down... I started this a few days ago, but now we're actually one week out!!!

10- More days til Baby is due, and the number of days I'm refusing to wear any more maternity jeans. They're just so uncomfortable now. Yoga pants 4 lifeeeeeeeee.

9- Probably the average amount of times I'm waking up at night now. Between gagging on my snot (yep, super congested lately.. It's lovely.) , heartburn, having to pee, tossing and turning with my huge belly, and re-arranging the three pillows it takes to keep me somewhat comfortable... Ugh. Sometimes I just give up and go downstairs and sit on the couch for hours, because it's so miserable to lay down. Being sick while you're pregnant should not be allowed.

8- About how many bags are lined up in our hallway, ready to go. Packing for all 5 of us when I go into labor is a LOT of stuff.

Heart.melting.
7- The number of people off the top of my head that are pregnant and due within a week of me!! A couple have already had their babies! Crazy how babies really do seem to come in big waves.

6- About how many Tums I've been taking throughout the nights lately. They just hang out on my nightstand now.

5- About how many times a day I try to prevent Owen from having a major meltdown when his latest prized possession that he MUST be carrying around with him at all times disappears under some furniture... And I try to dig it out, while trying not to smush Baby3 in the process. We're at beached whale status, people, and shimmying on my belly is completely ridiculous at this point.
Free ice cream is the BEST.

4- The number of people we have lined up to watch the boys when I go into labor. Surely someone will be able to cover it, right?!!!

3- The number of littles I'm about to have in CLOTH diapers. Seriously people, say a little prayer for some potty training around here. Yikes.


Doing their part in helping me stock the freezer for when Baby comes!!!

2- Genders that our baby could be. Dyinggggggggg to know which it is!! Honestly, I have been so consumed with caring for the boys, that I just didn't think about it much during most of the pregnancy. But lately, it's been driving me crazy to know if it's a boy or girl!!! Everyone asks me if I have this "feeling," but I really just don't. All 3 pregnancies have been very different, and all the old wives tales are all over the place. I keep picturing the moment of birth with both genders, and cannot WAIT to hear Andrew say, "It's a boy!!" Or "It's a girl!!" I literally cry every.single.time we talk about that moment. And I think he's excited to have an important job in the birthing process, which is really sweet. (Graham is predicting GIRL.)

1- Name we still have to decide on. Boy's full name is finalllllllly picked. Girl's first name has been decided forever, but we still can't land on a middle name.

Easter.


Also, just for my records... (I really like to compare. Sorry if TMI!)

Baby3:
37 weeks appt- 0 dilation
38 weeks appt- 0 

Baby2:
37 weeks appt- 2
38 weeks appt- 2.5
39 weeks appt-3.5
Owen born!

Baby1:
37 weeks appt- 0 
38 weeks appt-1
Graham born!

My OB is predicting I go before my due date this time, and that it's another boy! She doesn't make many predictions, but when she has in the past, they've usually been right! Curious to see!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment