Saturday, December 10, 2016

Audrey at 8 months









Weight:  ??

Height:??
Clothing size: 9 months, but 12 month pajamas fit now, so I'm guessing she'll be moving up soon. Eek.

Diaper size: Cloth baby.
Feeding: Nursing almost exactly the same as last time- around these times every day: 6:30am, 10am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:00pm, 10pm. Would love to drop the dream feed like yesterday, but I've tried skipping it a few times, and she always wakes up again in the middle of the night, so it's not worth it.
She's tried these solids so far: avocado, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, banana, carrots, blueberries, pears, spinach. Still loving it.

Sleeping: She's at 2 naps a day, but still not a great napper. She's not consistent at all, but usually her morning nap is about 30-45 mintues, and afternoon nap is 1-2 hours. Sometimes she doesn't nap at all in the morning, except for like a 10 minute catnap in the Ergo while we're out. Yikes. Those days she gets an early bedtime for sure. But normally I put her down around 6-6.30pm (she's usually fussy all through dinner because she's so tired!) and she sleeps til 6.30-7am ish, with a dreamfeed when I go to bed around 10.




Milestones: Sitting much better now. Does it by herself no problem most of the time, but still topples over occasionally. First ear infection. :(  Army crawling!!! This seemed to come out of nowhere, so she must have been practicing in her crib for a while (when she should have been napping! ha). It seems so early to me because my boys took their time doing everythingggggggggg, and Owen never crawled at all! 

Likes: Her brothers. She's always looking around for them, smiling, and laughing at them. Presh. Holding things in her hands, and chewing on anything. She still likes her paci at night to go to sleep, but ever since her ear infection, she will not take it during the day!! Ugh. I think it hurt her ear to suck on the paci for a few days, and it must've created a bad memory. Annoying when she's fussy and we're out somewhere, but secretly glad that this will probably make weaning her from the paci way easier, when the time comes.

They still squeal over her.

Dislikes: Naps. Ear infections. Traveling. (Enjoy the 10 seconds of screaming in the car to represent hourssssssssssssss for us. Traveling with littles is sooooooooooooooooooooo fun. :(

Adventures: First road trip & Thanksgiving. Christmas festival & parade.


I wish you could see this in person. Think huge poufy marshmallow. Gotta keep the baby warm.

What we couldn't live without: I should really be an Ergo salesman.


ERGO BABY

Best part of parenting this age: I don't know how, but I love her more every day. She is SO, SO sweet.


Hardest part of parenting this age: Always- meeting the needs of 3 littles 24/7 is challenging. But worth it. Love my babes.

 
8 month comparison: G, A, O (don't mind the mistaken 9 month sticker ;)

4 comments:

  1. Have u had any trouble with your cloth diapers causing rashes? A friend of mine has. I only did 2 kids so I figured maybe the build up got her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl- we haven't had trouble with rashes, but maybe she could try stripping them?? And I think some kiddos' skin is just more sensitive, so you never know. Wish I could help more.:(

      Delete
  2. And by the way your kiddos are soooo cute!! I blinked and now my youngest is 4 😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thanks, you're sweet. I know, I am dyyyyyyying that Audrey is almost one! So many days I wish I could pause time... And then some days I wish I could fast forward. ;)

      Delete