Monday, September 10, 2012

31 Weeks- Sick of being sick...

A couple of days before 31 weeks... My belly is blowing up!!
How far along? 31 weeks.
Total weight gain? 14 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? I've been mixing in a few maternity items with my normal wardrobe, and it really hasn't been so bad. Still living in my yoga pants as much as possible. :)
Sleep? Sleep was pretty rough this past week. I typically get a pretty bad bout of sinus/ allergy congestion twice a year, and it's that time. Ugh. Between the snot gathering in my head and throat, and my cough triggering some acid reflux, I could barely fall asleep or stay asleep all week. Waking up gagging in the middle of the night is not my idea of fun. 
Best moment this week? Honestly, I feel like I was just surviving this week. Pregnant people should not be allowed to be sick or have any other issues. Ugh. We attended childbirth class at my doctor's office and feel a little more prepared for what's coming down the road. Eek! I still can't believe I'm going to deliver a baby in a couple of months! Ahhhhhh! I did start a new book this week that I LOVE though, called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It's about cultivating gratitude in everyday life and slowing down to experience God. I really like this quote from the book...

"I don't really want more time, I just want enough time. Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long, time to give You glory and rest deep and sing joy and just enough time in the day not to feel hounded, pressed, driven, or wild to get it all done yesterday." 

I know my life has slowed down considerably since moving to Indy and getting married, but I still feel the drive of our culture and my inner self to idolize busy-ness and rush through life, not really noticing God or what He's doing in and around me.
Also, for those of you wondering about the twins I used to nanny for, little Reese is doing great these days! She is at home, building up her immune system since chemo knocked it out, and the happiest baby I've ever seen! 
Reese & Philip (18 months)
Phil still loves to snuggle and read books. Mmmm I love it too!  
Miss anything? Being able to breathe, get through the night without gagging, not take four kinds of medicine a day, etc, etc. Did I mention I'm sick of being sick?!
Movement? Lots of movement. All the time. Lots of hiccups. 
Food cravings? I gave up pineapple this week because it's supposed to be acidic, which could trigger acid reflux. Sad day. Nothing tastes as good.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No.
Symptoms? It's hard to distinguish between the congestion and acid reflux, or if it's the pregnancy or the sinus/ allergies that are causing my exhaustion... Everything affects everything else and it's not fun. 
Have you started to show yet? For sure.
Labor signs? No.
Belly button in or out? It's still in, but the skin on the top of it totally sticks out, which makes me look like I have an outie in most tight shirts. 
Wedding ring on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Not so happy this week. Wanting desperately to just feel better.
Name possibilities? Graham. Graham baby. Little Grahammers. Graham cracker. 
Looking forward to? Feeling better. Baby shower! My sweet friend Laura coming to visit!



A shot of our bathroom sink/ vanity in our office/ guest bedroom the other day. I love that my husband can do anything around the house, but I was ready to brush my teeth in the bathroom sink instead of the shower! Plumbing is finally fixed, and the rest of the house is finally getting back to normal. Unless there's an emergency, this was the last of Andrew's DIY projects around the house for a long time. Maybe one day we will get to the nursery. :)

2 comments:

  1. oh hope you are so feeling better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I am feeling better today, so I hope it stays this way!!

    ReplyDelete