Monday, January 14, 2013

Typical Day with Grahammers

Learning to smile for the camera!

Can't believe I get to hang out with this little dude every day!!

Can I just start by saying how much I LOVE staying home with my sweet baby? I never thought in a million years it would be so enjoyable, but it truly is. I love being a mom to little Grahammers, especially now that I'm getting some sleep at night. :) The first 6 weeks of his life are a little bit of a blur because of the lack of sleep, but around that time I really started wanting to get on a schedule. Graham was already on one, but I wanted one for myself. I am an ESFJ after all. :) So for the last few weeks, this has been a typical weekday for me:

7am ish- Rise and shine to Graham's screams for breakfast. Feed Graham, change diaper, put him in a cute new outfit for the day (or most likely for just a few hours before he spits up all over it), practice smiling. He is just learning this new trick! Put Graham on the elephant activity mat  to kick and squirm and bat at the animals hanging over him while I eat breakfast and watch a little of the Today Show. Andrew usually gets back from working out around this time, and we all have a little morning snuggle time.




8:15am- Put Graham baby down for a nap in his Rock 'n Play. Andrew heads to work at some point here. I spend some time with Jesus, in the Psalms lately, trying to let God's promises penetrate my heart. If there is laundry piling up, I'll throw in a load. Then I pump for a rainy day, followed by a short at-home workout. I've been loving GR Dance Fitness with Mandy on YouTube lately. I want to start running again in the spring when the roads aren't covered with ice, but until then, Zumba-type workouts have been good for me to start getting back into shape. 

10am- Feed Graham, change diaper, play time. I usually spend time reading/ singing to him, having a mini photo shoot, Skyping with Nonnie, doing tummy time, etc. 

11:15am- Put Graham down for a nap. Jump in the shower, eat lunch, fold laundry, do dishes. I might sneak in an episode of The Bachelor or Parenthood while eating and doing chores. :) If I'm smart, I'll throw something in the crockpot for dinner. One of my staples is Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

1pm- Feed Graham, change diaper. This is when we usually get out of the house. Running errands or playdates is typically the plan. We love hanging out with our neighborhood friends! So many babies on the block!
Graham and Cooper :)
Chapman was born just a few days ago!!
Chapman, Charlotte, Graham

4pm- Feed Graham, change diaper. Put him in the Baby B'jorn to help me cook dinner if I forgot about the crockpot.  He usually falls asleep on me right around the time Andrew gets home from work.

5:15pm- Put Graham down for a nap. Finish cooking and eat with the hubs. I say I'm 1/3 gluten free because my husband has Celiac's disease... so all of our dinners are gluten free. More on that another day.

7pm- Feed Graham, let Andrew change diaper. :) Daddy- Graham time. LOVE seeing Andrew love on our little boy!! He's a natural dad.

My boys ready for the New Year!

8:15pm- Put Graham down for his last nap. Relax with the hubs.

10pm- Feed Graham while Andrew reads the Jesus Storybook Bible to him, let Andrew change his diaper and get him ready for bed. Kiss our sweet baby goodnight and climb into bed ourselves, praying for a good night's sleep.

Whew. Some days I just chuck the schedule and do what I want when Graham's sleeping, but this has helped bring some kind of order into my life. I like it. 

1 comment:

  1. haha love the schedule and your little guy is too cute! :) I am an ENFP...but Kenny is a ISTJ so his major scheduling skills have definitely rubbed off on me! Now I am actually started to enjoy schedules to keep my sanity! haha

    ReplyDelete