Wednesday, August 1, 2012

25 Weeks- Olympics & My Birthday!!

Me and the hubs celebrating my birthday downtown!

How far along? 25 weeks.
Total weight gain/ loss? Gained 10 pounds so far.
Maternity clothes? No... But the other day one of my best friends Andrea sent me a birthday maternity shirt so stinkin cute that it made me want to switch over. :)
Best moment this week? I am kinda obsessed with the Olympics, so watching the Fab Five win gold in women's gymnastics was pretty cool, as well as every other moment... Also my birthday was pretty fun! Loved sharing it all with Baby B. AND Betsy's precious Baby Hank was born!! What a cutie!!
Baby Hank!!


Miss anything? Not being able to partake in fun drinks as we watched the Olympic Opening Ceremonies with friends.
Movement? He just moves around all the time now!! My sweet friend Allison got to feel him the other day! I've started to pull up my shirt and watch him move my belly around from the outside lately--it really is like a little alien is trapped in my tummy!! So weird... but I really like it. :)
Food cravings? Pineapple. Fruit, lots of fruit. I want to buy out the whole produce section of the grocery store.
Anything making you queasy or sick? A yummy-looking chicken recipe I'd gotten off Pinterest actually made my stomach turn tonight, so I didn't even try to eat it. Weird.
Have you started to show yet? Ummmm, yes.
Labor signs? No.
Belly button in or out? In. But it has started to look rather funny these past few weeks... It may be making its way out soon. Eek. 
Wedding ring on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy camper.
Name possibilities? We didn't talk about it this week. :)
Looking forward to? My doctor's appointments this week! I don't think I've talked about it on here before, but I am a part of a New Mom Research Group that is investigating how to make first-time pregnancies better. I don't mind helping that out, and we get some cool free stuff-- Wal-Mart gift cards, a carseat, ultrasounds, etc, etc. They also let me find out the gender a month before my doctor would! I have an appointment with them to get a 3D ultrasound and with my normal OBGYN, who I love.

My favorite preggo resources:
  • Ap's! These are great daily or weekly updates about what the heck is happening in my body and with little baby B. I like Baby Bump, Happy Pregnancy, I'm Expecting, Baby Center Pregnancy, and What to Expect. 
  • Books. I heard "What to Expect When You're Expecting" is like the Bible for pregnancy, and it's true. I bought it the day I found out I was pregnant, and it's helped me navigate since. 
  • And of course anyone who is or recently has been pregnant. Such valuable help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment